Friday 17 March 2006

Hollywood on the Queensway, Etobicoke, ON

Gord and I celebrated St. Patrick's Day by attending an event at Hollywood with 30 other Single Horizoners. My friend, Yvette, came as my guest.

There was a Celtic band playing called the Cape Breton Newfoundlanders. I don't get a chance very often to hear the tunes I grew up with in Nova Scotia.

We had supper before the band started ~ nachos, Caesar salad and a choice of lamb stew, bangers and mash, corned beef and cabbage (Gord had), or spaghetti and meatballs (I had).

Yvette with her green beer

me and Gord

LeeAnn (owner of Single Horizons and a loyal reader ...
Hi, LeeAnn! Nice haircut!) and I

Harvey and Sylvia with Harvey's birthday beer

Harvey and Sylvia met through Single Horizons about four years ago. The last time we were at a pub event with them, I told the band that it was Harvey's birthday. The band and the crowd sang "Happy Birthday" to him and even had him sing a song on the stage with them. But it wasn't his birthday. Ha! So tonight I told the band it was his birthday and they sang "Happy Birthday" to him and the waitress gave him a free beer. His birthday isn't until May!

Thanks, LeeAnn, for coordinating this!

3 comments:

Isabel said...

Sounds likes a lot of fun. That's too funny with telling them it was Harvey's birthday. But he got a free beer.

Anonymous said...

Wow you are quick...I saw this EARLY this morning before I left on the walk but it wouldn't let me leave a message. FABULOUS picture of you and Gord, and Harvey and Sylvia, and now I think you should be saying greenforme, because you look fabulous in that colour!
PS Thanks for noticing GORD!

Teena in Toronto said...

Isabel: It was a lot of fun! LeeAnn does a great job! And Harvey jokingly asked me to buy him a beer since it was his birthday and all! Ha!!

LeeAnn: I noticed your hair looked fabulous!! Gord confirmed on the way home that you'd had it done yesterday.