Monday 2 October 2006

Book ~ "Honeymoon With My Brother: A Memoir" Franz Wisner (2006)

From Amazon.com ~ Franz Wisner had the world by the tail. He was engaged to Annie and he worked as a government-relations official for a California real-estate giant, rubbing elbows with bigwig politicians. But then his fiancée dumped him days before their wedding and his boss demoted him. So he dragged his younger brother, Kurt, a Seattle realtor and divorcé, to Costa Rica for his already-scheduled honeymoon, where Wisner spilled his guts to a prostitute in the hotel bar. Both inspired and desperate, the two quit their jobs, sold their houses, gave away their belongings and traveled the world for two years, romping through Europe, then hitting the Middle East, Southeast Asia, South America, and Africa. Along the way, Wisner got to know his brother in a way he never had and fought to move past his failed relationship.

This is the next book we have to read for our street's bookclub. Though I usually don't like the books that are picked (everyone else seems to), the bookclub has introduced me to books I wouldn't have read otherwise.

I enjoyed this book. It was interesting to read about their travels and his attempt to get over Annie.

5 comments:

Jay said...

I think I still prefer non-incestual honeymoons :)

So would you recommend this one?

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting,I'll keep an eye out for it in the hotels bookcases!

Teena in Toronto said...

Jay: Yes, I'd recommend it. I like traveling and they went to places I probably will never get to.

Niki: Definitely keep an eye out for it!

Anonymous said...

All I know is when I came back from a visit from the ladies room the other day, your nose was buried deep in this book because a climax was supposed to happen.....well did it? :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Yes, the climax did occur, Liz. Thanx for asking :)