Saturday 19 April 2008

37 minutes, 46 seconds

I did the CN Tower Climb this morning.

I got there around 7:10 to check in. It was quite crowded!

Though I've never met her, I recognized my blog bud, Dawn, heading out to do the climb as I was in line. I called to her and we exchanged high-fives!

This was my last view of the Tower just before I went in to do the climb. Very overwhelming!


It was what I expected ... tough! I started the climb at 7:50:06 and was finished at 8:27:52.

There are 1776 steps and 144 floors. The floors were numbered so I knew exactly how much more I had to do. There was plenty of space to stop and rest, which I did.

When I got to the top, my first thought was "What the hell was I thinking!? I'm never doing that again!"

But once I caught my breath and walked around outside, I knew I'd do it again. It was a challenge and now I have a goal ... to beat this year's time.

It's best to go early. The worst part is the waiting and I was there fairly early ... a 20 minute wait to get registered (I got pulled out of the long line, though, at that point because I had done everything online), a 30 minute wait to get on the elevator to get back down, a 20 minute wait to get the teeshirt, etc.

When I was leaving, there was a HUGE line-up outside the Tower of people who hadn't even started it! About 5000 people are doing the climb today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing an amazing goal. I look forward to seeing you beat that time next year.

Anonymous said...

Well done! What a great sense of acomplishment you must have right now. I hope you treated yourself to something special as a reward! A day at Elmwood Spa would be just the ticket!
Congrats

Wicked H said...

Kudos!!!

Some of us just dream about the brass ring, you my friend grabbed it.

Impressive!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Teena - you rocks!

Btw: I found out from your twitter at Facebook - good to know what your friends are up too :-)

Wishing you a great end to your week!

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm exhausted but haven't given in to a nap.

I'll sleep well tonight.

Teena in Toronto said...

Renny: I cancelled my Twitter account last week ... I wasn't keeping up with it.

Isabel said...

Congratulations on making it! How are your legs feeling?

Dragonstar said...

Well done Teena! It must have been so tiring (my legs keep aching when I think of it!)
That's a stupendous achievement.