Wednesday 4 June 2008

Cleaning frenzy!

I'm not into housework.

But there are some things that have been bugging me lately.

Like the kitchen cupboards ... they were a mess! No rhyme or reason. Stuff stuffed in because there was space available.

So this afternoon I organized a couple of the lower ones (under the sink and the one next to it) ... which prompted me to have to organize the upper one next to the fridge because the soup belongs up there, not in the lower one where I found them.

Which led me to organize the drawers. I put the spices in alphabetical order and discovered that I have three packages of ground cumin. Why, I wonder? I never use cumin ... I guess I'll have to start.

Then I cleaned up the shelves where we keep the dishes and glasses.

Lots of work but it needed to be done. I felt so much better afterwards.

5 comments:

Isabel said...

I'm not into housework either but I hate having the house all clutterd. I need a maid.

Teena in Toronto said...

I need a maid too, Izzy!

Teresa said...

Oh yes a maid for me too. Can't keep up with the housework anymore. Too many adults making a mess only one cleaning. I've asked, begged and pleaded for help but alas no one answers my pleas.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I totally agree with you,HOUSE WORK IS EVIL!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, this kind of work is so daaah, but it give you a good feeling afterwards when all is done and orgazed :) I've gone through this myself just few days ago :)